Working for a startup is not for everyone, but if you are thinking of joining a startup, you may want to use some of the questions that were written in Information Week magazine:
- What is founder(s)’s background?
- When was company formed?
- How is company funded?
- Can I talk to an early customer?
- Who are are competitors? (very important)
- What’s the road map?(it could change with time, but must have one)
- How do you make money?(something it is hard to figure this out)
- Do you expected to be acquired?(answer will determine founder’s management experience)
- Can we meet? (absolutely should meet face-to-face)